Our client, located in the Atlanta area, has an opening for both CNC and Manual Machinist.
To perform all aspects necessary for the machining processes used in the manufacturing and repair of gearboxes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operate all Manual and CNC machines to perform completely and independently specific operations as outlined in the methods and process sheets.
- Change, set and adjust tools as required
- Load and delete programs in the computer.
- Make minor adjustments of feeds and speeds on the assigned machine.
- Grind own cutting tools and drills (other than special purpose tools).
- Check parts using specified gages or check parts using furnished fixtures to see that dimensions are being maintained.
- Have complete knowledge of the machinability of metals.
- Report improper machine function and/or check parts not being held to the proper dimensions.
- Able to use machinists hand tools and precision measuring instruments.
- Demonstrate a good mechanical aptitude.
- Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma or equivalent and a minimum of three (3) years of related experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals and blueprints.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before employees in the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Have the knowledge of and/or the ability to learn shop geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram forms.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
For consideration submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.orgClick here to apply online