Magellan Aerospace New York (Corona, Queens) has an exciting new opportunity for a Full-Time Permanent CNC Programmer. The successful incumbent will be proficient in CAD/CAM software (CATIA, NX, VERICUT) with experience in programming and machining multi-axis parts. Magellan Aerospace New York focuses on complex, high-precision, structural and landing gear components mainly made out of steel and titanium (plate and forgings).
Perks & Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Attractive benefits package (fully Company paid)
- Generous Company pension plan (401k)
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth
- Company social events including company BBQs, children’s events, service awards day, winter holiday party and many other events put together by our social committee!
- Employee Social & Charity Association
- Employee Assistance Program
- On-site gym
- Employee discounts on tickets to certain sporting events and other entertainment/events
- Full cafeteria with healthy daily specials
- Free parking
- Utilize 3,4, and 5-axis HMC, VMC, and Mill-Turn machining techniques
- Utilize GD&T & CAD to verify components, dimensions and quality
- Application of tool tryout (TTO) and running mill-turn machines (WFL / Okuma Multus)
- Work with different control types (Siemens, Fanuc, Sinumerik, Okuma, Mazatrol)
- Ability to use an ERP/MRP system is preferred.
- Optimize current CNC programs using latest cutting techniques, cutter types, carbide grades
- Creating and maintaining New CNC part programs
- Perform visual and dimensional inspections during TTO to verify conformity to drawing/Spec
- Work with Q.A./Q.E. to identify areas of improvement in the part manufacturing process
- Work with tool designer to identify possible set up time reductions
- Use of the MRP to create/maintain manufacturing plans, bill of materials and part masters.
- Assist M.E. in part manufacturing methodology by interpreting Work Orders, blueprints, sketches, written and verbal instructions.
- 2 years degree in mechanical engineering or 3-5 years of hands-on experience
- Portfolio samples of components previously programmed, if possible
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Competent in 3,4, and 5 Axis NC programming
- Skilled in GD&T, blueprint reading and interpreting Engineering data
- Knowledge of the APT Part programming Language
- Knowledge of cutter types and carbide grades
- Ability to use measuring instruments (microscopes, gauges, calipers, and micrometers)
- Experience with Microsoft Office tools (Outlook, Excel, Word) and WordPerfect
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Effective time-management skills
- Ability to use ERP/MRP system
- Quality and detail oriented
- High degree of analytical and critical thinking skills
- Ability to work collaboratively as a team, as well as independently
- Agile, dependable and highly motivated
Magellan Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.