Magellan Aerospace New York (Corona, Queens) has an exciting new opportunity for a Full-Time Permanent CNC Programmer. The successful incumbent will be proficient in CAD/CAM software (CATIA, NX, VERICUT) with experience in programming and machining multi-axis parts. Magellan Aerospace New York focuses on complex, high-precision, structural and landing gear components mainly made out of steel and titanium (plate and forgings).
Perks & Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Attractive benefits package (fully Company paid)
- Generous Company pension plan (401k)
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth
- Company social events including company BBQs, children’s events, service awards day, winter holiday party and many other events put together by our social committee!
- Employee Social & Charity Association
- Employee Assistance Program
- On-site gym
- Employee discounts on tickets to certain sporting events and other entertainment/events
- Full cafeteria with healthy daily specials
- Free parking
- Utilize 3,4, and 5-axis HMC, VMC, and Mill-Turn machining techniques
- Utilize GD&T & CAD to verify components, dimensions and quality
- Application of tool tryout (TTO) and running mill-turn machines (WFL / Okuma Multus)
- Work with different control types (Siemens, Fanuc, Sinumerik, Okuma, Mazatrol)
- Ability to use an ERP/MRP system is preferred.
- Optimize current CNC programs using latest cutting techniques, cutter types, carbide grades
- Creating and maintaining New CNC part programs
- Perform visual and dimensional inspections during TTO to verify conformity to drawing/Spec
- Work with Q.A./Q.E. to identify areas of improvement in the part manufacturing process
- Work with tool designer to identify possible set up time reductions
- Use of the MRP to create/maintain manufacturing plans, bill of materials and part masters.
- Assist M.E. in part manufacturing methodology by interpreting Work Orders, blueprints, sketches, written and verbal instructions.
- 2 years degree in mechanical engineering or 3-5 years of hands-on experience
- Portfolio samples of components previously programmed, if possible
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Competent in 3,4, and 5 Axis NC programming
- Skilled in GD&T, blueprint reading and interpreting Engineering data
- Knowledge of the APT Part programming Language
- Knowledge of cutter types and carbide grades
- Ability to use measuring instruments (microscopes, gauges, calipers, and micrometers)
- Experience with Microsoft Office tools (Outlook, Excel, Word) and WordPerfect
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Effective time-management skills
- Ability to use ERP/MRP system
- Quality and detail oriented
- High degree of analytical and critical thinking skills
- Ability to work collaboratively as a team, as well as independently
- Agile, dependable and highly motivated
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics with respect to employment opportunities.
For more information please visit: https://magellan.aero/about.