United States of America
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value.
Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual and invest in our employees.
When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace, New York (Corona, Queens) is looking for a full-time CNC Programmer proficient in CAD/CAM software (CATIA, NX, VERICUT) with experience in programming and machining multi-axis parts. The pay range is $25/hr to $35/hr, depending on experience.
- Optimize current CNC programs using latest cutting techniques, cutter types, carbide grades
- Creating and maintaining New CNC part programs
- Creating and maintaining detailed standardized work instructions and set-up sheets.
- Performs visual and dimensional inspections during TTO to verify conformity to drawing/Spec
- Work with Q.A./Q.E. to identify areas of improvement in the part manufacturing process
- Work with tool designer to identify possible set up time reductions
- Use of the MRP to create/maintain manufacturing plans, bill of materials and part masters.
- Assisting M.E. in part manufacturing methodology by interpreting Work Orders, blueprints, sketches, written and verbal instructions.
- 2 years degree in mechanical engineering and/or 3-5 years of hands-on experience
- Provide samples, if possible, of components previously programmed.
- Knowledge of 3, 4, and 5 Axis NC programming
- GD&T and blueprint reading
- Knowledge of different control types (Siemens, Fanuc, Sinumerik, Okuma, Mazatrol) is preferred.
- Ability to use an ERP/MRP system is preferred.
- Hands-on experience with tool tryout (TTO) and running mill-turn machines (WFL / Okuma Multus) is beneficial.
- Ability to use measuring instruments (microscopes, gauges, calipers, and micrometers)
- Knowledge of GD&T and interpreting Engineering data
- Experience with Microsoft Office tools (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Effective time-management skills
- Quality and detail oriented
- High degree of analytical and critical thinking.
- Ability to work collaboratively as a team, as well as independently
- Competitive salary
- Attractive benefits package
- Generous Company pension plan (401k)
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free parking
Magellan Aerospace is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for our employees. Magellan supports public health COVID-19 guidelines and encourages employees to get vaccinated. Although mandates are not a requirement at Magellan, this may be subject to change and offers of employment may be contingent on vaccination status with respect to changes in legislation.
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Magellan Aerospace is committed to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities for all. We welcome all applications without regard to social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or religious belief, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law)