Magellan Aerospace, Kitchener has a great opportunity for a CNC Programmer. The successful incumbent will be responsible for the accurate preparation of CNC programs for a variety of parts and equipment. This includes the machining of parts to schedule and cost targets
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Attractive benefits package (fully Company paid)
- Generous Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth
- Employee Assistance Program (where applicable)
- Free parking
- Construct part and tool geometry suitable for NC programming to occur using computer modelling.
- Create CNC programs including machine setup sheets, manuscripts, special operator instructions and the release of proven programs after successful program proving.
- Liaison with Manufacturing and Design Engineering to develop the method of manufacture including machine tool selection for both NC and conventional operations for new parts.
- Create and implement a machine adjustment or calibration procedure to remedy machine deficiencies and reduce down time of critical equipment.
- Establish cutting standards based on knowledge of cutting tool geometry and machine capabilities.
- Prepare and control all manufacturing documentation for assigned programs. This includes supply of operation sheets, inspection planning, routing and preparation of tool designs.
- Participate in team meetings and cross-functional work groups.
- Review existing NC programs for improvements and operation efficiencies.
- Knowledge of cutting tools and their application.
- Experience with Siemens NX (Unigraphics) and Vericut.
- Project schedule and Failure Modes & Effects Analysis (FMEA) knowledge.
- Capable of fixture design.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience
- Successful completion of an Engineering Technologist program
- Knowledge of machining concepts beginning at 3-axis NC and increasing in complexity to a 5-axis NC using CAD type programs.
- Knowledge of CATIA is considered an asset.
- Excellent Computer and Analytical skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Able to understand complex problems and solutions
- Excellent mathematical skills
Magellan Aerospace is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for our employees. Magellan’s policy states that the use of face masks is mandatory, this is consistent with applicable legislation and guidance from occupational health and safety regulators. All employees and visitors who enter our premises are screened for COVID-19 symptoms and are required to practice social distancing at all times. We have ensured that hand-sanitize stations are easily accessible and enhanced cleaning schedules have been implemented on a daily basis. Magellan supports public health guidelines and encourages employees to get vaccinated. Although mandates are not a requirement at Magellan, this may be subject to change and offers of employment may be contingent on vaccination status with respect to changes in legislation.
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!