Title: CNC Operator
City: Santa Rosa
Job Type: Contract
Job Code: EB-1275900504
Tekberry is looking for a highly qualified and motivated CNC Operator to work on-site with our client, a top-tier aerospace company in Santa Rosa, CA.
This is a contract position that will see the ideal candidate working alongside industry leading talent in a world-class environment.
- Operate CNC machines (milling, lathes, turning centers and horizontal mills) used for the construction of aircraft interior structural and non structural parts. Aircraft interior parts are cut based on engineering drawings and include floor fittings, aluminum trims, counter tops and other various aluminum, stainless steel and phenolic parts.
- Document the materials and processes used in the process to maintain traceability of product.
- Load programs into CNC machine and execute program cutting of the material.
- Cut raw stock according to the necessary size for the part being machined.
- Secure stock of material into machine, square material prior to running program if necessary, and monitor the operating of the machine to ensure proper program performance.
- Debur completed machine parts as time allows.
- Provide feedback to supervisor and programmer as to the performance of the program and tooling used for cutting the material.
- Verify the accuracy of the parts using calipers, micrometers and other metrology equipment as a periphery inspection.
As a W2 employee you will have access to health and 401k benefits.
- Five years of related CNC experience.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred. Degree or diploma from technical/vocational school in CNC machining is strongly desired and most preferred.
- Familiarity of the basic operation of CNC machine and the understanding of G and M code is preferred or the ability to learn is mandatory.
- Ability to read engineering blue prints is desirable.
Tekberry Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other protected categories under all applicable laws.