Magellan Aerospace, Bohemia Long Island has several exciting opportunities for CNC Milling Operators on 1st and 2nd shift. This is a full-time hourly role where the successful candidates will be expected to set up and operate conventional and numerical control (NC) machines and machining centers to machine metallic parts for the aerospace industry.
Magellan Aerospace, Bohemia Long Island offers excellent career opportunities, competitive salary, health and pension benefits packages. Starting salary will be based on experience and qualifications.
• Measures, marks, and scribes dimensions and reference points on material or part as guides for subsequent machining.
• Aligns, and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines such as mills, lathes, jig borers, and grinders.
• Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, and depth and angle of cut, or enters commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media.
• Observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, and adjusts machine controls or control media as required.
• Operates machines on trial run to verify accuracy of machine settings or programmed control data. Verifies dimensions, clearances and alignment of assembly. Verifies conformance of finished part to specifications.
• Machines complicated detail parts performing accuracy checks for quality after parts are machined. Lays out first piece for all machining operations.
• Confers with engineers, production personnel, programmers, or others to resolve machining or assembly problems.
• Lifts machined parts and positions and secures parts on surface plate or worktable. Basic housekeeping to maintain and cleanup area.
• To perform this job successfully, requires good communication skills. An individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, auditors, and other employees of the organization.
• Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED). Must pass Machinist Test.
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Thank you for considering this exciting opportunity. This document is intended to provide the reader with information and is not a contractual document. Some of the material therefore may be subject to change.