Our client, with a location in Wilmington, NC, has an immediate opening for a CNC machinist / Programmer to operate a two-axis CNC lathe.
Must be able independently program, setup, and machine of all parts queued at the lathe with minimal oversight. The Machinist will assume full ownership of their processes, work areas, preventative maintenance, and hand-off to the next operation(s)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities-
- Review and understand engineering blueprints.
- Determine the material and tooling requirements for each job.
- Design and produce work holding as necessary.
- Independently program, setup, and operate the two-axis CNC lathe.
- Perform in-process QC before handoff to the next operation(s).
- Document new processes and programs for record keeping.
- Knowledge and experience programming using CAM software.
- Ability to independently operate CNC two-axis lathes.
- Ability to develop machining processes and setup procedures.
- Knowledge of machining a variety of materials including 316 stainless steel, Hastelloy steel, and aluminum.
- Must understand engineering blueprints and GD&T standards.
- Understanding of Lean and Six Sigma process improvement methodologies.
Excellent benefits with potential for growth.
For more information please feel free to contact me at email@example.com Click here to apply online