Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value.
Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual and invest in our employees.
When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace, Kitchener has a great opportunity for a CNC Machinist. The successful incumbent will be required to plan and perform all operations necessary to set-up/operate 4 and 5 axis Milling and Turning machines for all purposes to which the machines are/or may be adapted. The CNC Machinist will judge the suitability of cutting tools, work-holders, attachments and accessories, taking necessary initial & corrective action to maintain the required degree of dimensional accuracy & surface finish of components machined. This position operates under rotational shifts (days, afternoons and nights). The pay rate is $26.53/hr – $28.47/hr.
We have multiple openings!
- Work to blueprints, sketches, design drawings and to required tolerances
- As required, perform tool proving, training functions related to all machine operations
- Ability to follow instructions
- Perform set-ups and run production using established processes and programs
- Mount, align and secure work-holders, work, tool-holder, attachments
- NC/ CNC tape & programs, precision measuring attachments, indicators
- Align work-holders, work, tool-holder, tools and attachments
- Check dimensions of work
- Work to general plan of operation: blueprints, sketches, process sheets, operation sheets, tool lay-out chart
- Follow standard methods established by shop procedure & policies
- 3-5 years’ experience setting up and operating CNC mills and/or lathes
- Experience working with tight tolerances
- Tool changes, offsets, general knowledge of G codes is considered an asset.
- Work experience in Aerospace preferred
- Competitive salary
- Attractive benefits package (fully Company paid)
- Generous Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free parking
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Magellan Aerospace is committed to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities for all. We welcome all applications without regard to social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or religious belief, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law)