Magellan Aerospace, Bournemouth has an exciting opportunity for CNC Machinist.
- Contract Length: Permanent
- Working Hours: covering different shifts
- Job location: Bournemouth, Dorset, BH11 8QN.
- Unionised site – works in partnership with Unite the Union.
Machining of aircraft components from generated engineering models to prescribed customer specification, using aluminium or titanium metal as required, utilising 3, 4 and 5 axis machine tools.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- On site bonus scheme
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth and generous learning budget
- Mobile phone/gym membership/AA home emergency response discounts
- Employee advantages scheme
- Health care vouchers
- Long Service Awards
- Occupational Health and ergonomics focussed
- Extended Holiday Entitlement based on length of service
- Free parking
Setting and operating the machine tools
Liaising with Team Leader/Production Manager and colleagues
Component change over for self and by assisting colleagues
Resolve problems with machining with minimum supervision
Escalation of any problems unresolved at 4. above to Team Leader/Manager
Housekeeping and maintenance of own working environment including keeping area free of spills.
Health and Safety of self and colleagues.
Any other reasonable task that the individual has the skills or training to undertake
6s working practices
- Good general education
- Time served recognised engineering Apprenticeship, minimum of City & Guilds/NVQ in Mechanical Engineering
Desirable • HNC Qualification
- Minimum of 2 – 3 years of 3, 4 and 5 Axis machining
- Knowledge of Controls
- Health and Safety
Desirable • Aerospace manufacturing experience • Continuous Improvement experience
- Attention to detail
- Housekeeping Skills
Other Skills/ Abilities/ Personal Attributes:
- FANUC & Siemens Knowledge
- Heidenhain knowledge
- Self-inspection knowledge
- Problem Solving
- Written and verbal handover communication
- Clear communicator
- Organised and methodical
- Demonstrates values consistent with the corporate culture, management and operating style expected of Magellan employees
- Team player
- Committed to best practice
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!