Recent graduates are welcome! Training will be provided.
Magellan Aerospace, Bohemia Long Island has an exciting opening for a CNC Milling Operator. This is a full-time role where the successful candidate will be expected to set up and operate conventional and numerical control (CNC) machines and machining centers to machine metallic parts and components for the aerospace industry.
The opening is for the evening shift, which will be from 5:30pm – 2:00am, Monday to Friday.
Perks and Benefits
• Competitive salary
• Attractive benefits package (fully Company paid)
• Generous Company pension plan (401k)
• Positive work-life balance
• Excellent career progression opportunities
• Commitment to professional growth
• Company social events including company BBQs, children’s events, service awards day, winter holiday party and many other events put together by our social committee!
• Employee Social & Charity Association
• Employee Assistance Program
• On-site gym
• Employee discounts on tickets to certain sporting events and other entertainment/events
• Full cafeteria with healthy daily specials
• Free parking
• Measure, mark, and scribe dimensions and reference points on material or part as guides for subsequent machining.
• Align, and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines such as mills, lathes, jig borers, and grinders.
• Calculate and set controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, and depth and angle of cut, or enter commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media.
• Observe machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, and adjust machine controls or control media as required.
• Operate machines on trial run to verify accuracy of machine settings or programmed control data. Verify dimensions, clearances and alignment of assembly. Verify conformance of finished part to specifications.
• Machine complex detail parts performing accuracy checks for quality after parts are machined. Lay out first piece for all machining operations.
• Confer with engineers, production personnel, programmers, or others to resolve machining or assembly problems.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
• Good communication skills in English.
Nice to have:
• 2+ years relevant experience in CNC machining (metal manufacturing)
• Ability to read and interpret instructions, blueprints, and technical specifications.
*Practical test component will be included in the interview process, where candidates will have the opportunity to showcase their skills and talent. Training will be provided to candidates without experience.
Magellan Aerospace is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for our employees. Magellan’s policy states that the use of face masks is mandatory, this is consistent with applicable legislation and guidance from occupational health and safety regulators. All employees and visitors who enter our premises are screened for COVID-19 symptoms and are required to practice social distancing at all times. We have ensured that hand-sanitize stations are easily accessible and enhanced cleaning schedules have been implemented on a daily basis. Magellan supports public health guidelines and encourages employees to get vaccinated. Although mandates are not a requirement at Magellan, this may be subject to change and offers of employment may be contingent on vaccination status with respect to changes in legislation.
Magellan Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.