Magellan Aerospace, New York (Corona, Queens) has an exciting opening for a CNC Machinist (Milling Operator) on day shift (7:00am - 3:30pm). This is a full-time role where the successful candidate will be expected to set up and operate conventional and numerical control (CNC) machines and machining centers to machine metallic parts and components for the aerospace industry.
Perks and Benefits
• Competitive salary
• Attractive benefits package (fully Company paid)
• Generous Company pension plan (401k)
• Positive work-life balance
• Excellent career progression opportunities
• Commitment to professional growth
• Company social events including company BBQs, children’s events, service awards day, winter holiday party and many other events put together by our social committee!
• Employee Social & Charity Association
• Employee Assistance Program
• On-site gym
• Employee discounts on tickets to certain sporting events and other entertainment/events
• Full cafeteria with healthy daily specials
• Free parking
• Measure, mark, and scribe dimensions and reference points on material or part as guides for subsequent machining.
• Align, and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines such as mills, lathes, jig borers, and grinders.
• Calculate and set controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, and depth and angle of cut, or enter commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media.
• Observe machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, and adjust machine controls or control media as required.
• Operate machines on trial run to verify accuracy of machine settings or programmed control data. Verify dimensions, clearances and alignment of assembly. Verify conformance of finished part to specifications.
• Machine complex detail parts performing accuracy checks for quality after parts are machined. Lay out first piece for all machining operations.
• Confer with engineers, production personnel, programmers, or others to resolve machining or assembly problems.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
• 2+ years relevant experience in CNC machining (metal manufacturing)
• Good communication skills in English.
• Ability to read and interpret instructions, blueprints, and technical specifications.
• Practical test component will be included in the interview process, where candidates will have the opportunity to showcase their skills and talent.
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Thank you for considering this exciting opportunity. This document is intended to provide the reader with information and is not a contractual document. Some of the material therefore may be subject to change.