Magellan Aerospace, Greyabbey has an exciting opportunity for CNC Machinist Grade 5.
- 12 month Temporary contract
- Rotating shift patterns as per current contractual agreement
- Job location: Greyabbey, County Down BT22 2QE
- Unionised site – works in partnership with Unite the Union.
Magellan Aerospace are looking for numerous Grade 5 CNC Machinists to join our manufacturing facility in Greyabbey. This position will be responsible for the operation of CNC machines to machine aircraft component parts to customer specification in an efficient, effective and safe manner. These positions are primarily intended to support Siemens 840 controller work centres however the opportunity remains for future deployment to any work centre.
- Set machine table
- Demonstrate ability to set datum's
- Load new program into the machine via seiki system
- Demonstrate tool setting ability
- Load machines safely.
- Demonstrate understanding of editing programs to make minor alterations to programs via seiki or on machine.
- Alter offsets correctly
- Pick up a point in the program to re-run the program
- Problem solves. Identify process issues and track progress
- Demonstrate ability to train others - leadership and mentoring
- Demonstrate productivity through returned hours cell efficiency
- Knowing when and how to replace the rubber on the vacumm fixtures
- Able to do first-offs -Has a stamp authorised by inspection
- Able to understand sheet-up sheets and drawings.
- Check gauges are in calibration
- Checking job cards are stamped off properly
- Bookings correct (e.g. Scanning operations, diversion codes etc.)
- Scrap rate ZERO/ Involved in NCR process & MRB
- Show the ability to use gauges and measuring equipment properly
- Show the ability to read and interpret drawing specifications
- Understand the importance of having no FOD on or in the parts
- Formal apprenticeship or equivalent job related experience / training, plus in excess of 30 months on the job training.
- Has an understanding of setting or running more than one machine (provide guidance)
- Able to spot tooling problems i.e. bad finishes steps early.
- Fix minor alarms on the machines.
- Pallet recovery & tool changer.
- 1st level maintenance (coolant level, oil levels, preventive maintenance)
- Write probing cycles.
- Manage shop tooling (reverse screw, rails, aluminium screws are re-placed when damaged).
- Managing tool life / replace cutter when worn. Solve immediately.
- Able to calibrate probe or blum.
- Able to run multiple machines / set-ups (multi task).
- Tool crib trained (tool vending)
- Tool crib trained (Using the Zoller + tool balancing)
- Completion of cell boards (schedule/tracker adherence/shadow boards/6s protocol)
- Good housekeeping not only around their own machines
- Taking a leading role in 6s.
- Demonstrate attitude / reliability
- Able to help others while still doing their own work / demonstrating team work
- Take pride in their work
- Contribute to a safe working environment for all staff on shift, ensuring PPE maintained
- Always wearing PPE
- Report any H&S concerns
- Any other duties as assigned by management, shift lead, team lead and production supervisor.
- Formal apprenticeship or equivalent job related experience / training.
- In excess of 30 months on the job training.
- Attention to detail
- Housekeeping Skills
- Work with minimum supervision following instruction
- Initiative in time management and method
- Versatility and flexibility to support job requirements
Other Skills/ Abilities/ Personal Attributes:
- Clear communicator
- Organised and methodical
- Demonstrates values consistent with the corporate culture, management and operating style expected of Magellan employees
- Team player
- Committed to best practice
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Thank you for considering this exciting opportunity. This document is intended to provide the reader with information and is not a contractual document. Some of the material therefore may be subject to change.