Sets up and operates conventional and numerical control (NC) machines and machining centers to machine metallic parts for the aerospace industry.
Perks and Benefits
• Competitive salary
• Attractive benefits package (fully Company paid)
• Generous Company pension plan (401k)
• Positive work-life balance
• Excellent career progression opportunities
• Commitment to professional growth
• Company social events including company BBQs, children’s events, service awards day, winter holiday party and many other events put together by our social committee!
• Employee Social & Charity Association
• Employee Assistance Program
• On-site gym
• Employee discounts on tickets to certain sporting events and other entertainment/events
• Full cafeteria with healthy daily specials
• Free parking
• Measures, marks, and scribes dimensions and reference points on material or part as guides for subsequent machining.
• Aligns, and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines such as mills, lathes, jig borers, and grinders.
• Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, and depth and angle of cut, or enters commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media.
• Observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, and adjusts machine controls or control media as required.
• Operates machines on trial run to verify accuracy of machine settings or programmed control data. Verifies dimensions, clearances and alignment of assembly. Verifies conformance of finished part to specifications.
• Machines complicated detail parts performing accuracy checks for quality after parts are machined. Lays out first piece for all machining operations.
• Confers with engineers, production personnel, programmers, or others to resolve machining or assembly problems.
• Lifts machined parts and positions and secures parts on surface plate or worktable.
• Basic housekeeping to maintain and cleanup area.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED). Must pass Machinist Test.
• Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
• Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!