Magellan Aerospace, Kitchener has an exciting opportunity for skillful CNC Machinist. The person will be responsible for effective and efficient operation of CNC machines to produce quality aerospace components, as per specifications and on schedule and within company guidelines. The individual will also monitor for identifying problems with machine and parts and assist in troubleshooting solutions, perform regular checks of operating materials (fluids, etc.) required, and select the appropriate action response.
Perks & Benefits
• Competitive salary
• Attractive benefits package (fully Company paid)
• Generous Company pension plan
• Positive work-life balance
• Excellent career progression opportunities
• Commitment to professional growth
• Company social events including company BBQs, children’s events, winter holiday party and many other events put together by our social committee!
• Employee Social & Charity Association
• Employee Assistance Program (where applicable)
• Free parking
• Experienced CNC machine operator with knowledge of speeds and feeds, finishes and cutter selection.
• Loads a variety of raw material and programs into CNC machines ensuring the proper program and material is running.
• Ensure proper tooling for the part and program are present in the CNC machine.
• Start & monitor machine throughout machining cycle.
• The ability to use and read measuring instruments plus read and understand operation sheets and sketches (routing documents).
• Good knowledge of mathematics, machine shop practices and drawing comprehension.
• Must be able to read, write and understand English and follow verbal and written instructions.
• Knowledge of the Health & Safety policies and procedures incorporating safe work practices.
• Perform intervention as required to keep machine operating per production planning.
•Other duties as assigned.
• Education in CNC operation from an accredited post-secondary institution preferred
• Experience running/maintaining/troubleshooting a CNC machine
• Attention to detail, strong mathematical aptitude,
• Technical aptitude
• Demonstrates a sense of urgency when needed, able to complete tasks to specification
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!