We are a market leading foundry located in Glendale, AZ that produces Magnesium an Aluminum alloy castings for the aerospace industry. We currently have an opening for CNC Machine Operator. Magellan Aerospace, Glendale, Inc. is a division of Magellan Aerospace Corporation an International Aerospace Corporation.
We offer a full benefits package including paid holidays and vacation your first year of employment (pro-rated). Medical, dental and vision is offered at 90 days employment. 401(k) with employer match is available after 3 months of continuous employment. We have company paid life insurance, short term and long term disability.
• Lead the design and fabrication of holding fixtures
• Define and manage all cutting tools
• Create all CNC cutter path programs using MasterCAM – X 4 MUS software
• Responsible for the initial machine set-ups
• Manage all CNC program and tooling data documentation
• Responsible for resolving all machining related quality issues
• 5 years’ experience programming a 4-Axis Machining Centers using MasterCAM X 4 Mus (184.108.40.206) – Mill level 1
• Working knowledge of Solidworks CAM software and working with 3D models
• Experience troubleshooting and problem solving CNC machining issues
• Must have working knowledge of cutter feeds and speeds
• Reading and interpreting aerospace drawings is required
• Experience with Lean Manufacturing desired
• Strong computing skills required
To apply: please email your resume to email@example.com or apply in person Monday – Friday from 8:00 am – 12:00 pm (noon) at 5401 W. Luke Avenue, Glendale, AZ 85301. If you are currently working please contact us at email shown to schedule an appointment if you are unavailable to apply in person during our application hours.
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are a part of the team!
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being pe1formed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the job. As an ITAR regulated facility all candidates must be a U.S. citizen or possess a current U.S. Permanent Residency card.