Set-up and operate N.C. Lathe equipment in a skillful and efficient manner.
Perks and Benefits
• Competitive salary
• Attractive benefits package (fully Company paid)
• Generous Company pension plan (401k)
• Positive work-life balance
• Excellent career progression opportunities
• Commitment to professional growth
• Company social events including company BBQs, children’s events, service awards day, winter holiday party and many other events put together by our social committee!
• Employee Social & Charity Association
• Employee Assistance Program
• On-site gym
• Employee discounts on tickets to certain sporting events and other entertainment/events
• Full cafeteria with healthy daily specials
• Free parking
• Must be educated and trained to read prints and interpret engineering instructions required to produce parts consistently to close tolerances.
• Analyze and debug new methods.
• Perform calculations and use inspection equipment to verify that all quality requirements are met.
• Understand and follow the safety rules including keeping a neat and clean work area.
• Diligently perform all duties in a highly productive manner.
• Check and maintain oil and coolant levels on a daily basis
• Must be educated and trained to read and properly interpret drawings and program readouts, to set tools, to perform arithmetic calculations, to operate various numerical controls and to understand when the machine is not functioning properly.
• Set up assigned jobs on CNC Lathes
• Operate CNC Lathes competently.
• Must be able to read blue prints.
• Knowledge of measuring devices
• Must input time in clock for labor collection
• High School or Vocational School with hands on training at school or in a machine shop.
• Knowledge of basic shop math.
• Able to use measuring tools.
• Familiarity with the setup & operation of CNC equipment.
• 2 years’ relevant experience
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are a part of the team!