Magellan Aerospace, Greyabbey has an exciting opportunity for CMM Programmer.
- Full Time Permanent Contract
- 39 hours per week.
- Job location: Greyabbey, County Down BT22 2QE
- Unionised site – works in partnership with Unite the Union.
Support product quality through process, first off and first article inspection, ensuring that aircraft parts conform to Customer specifications. Use of CMM and other tools, working with other teams to ensure product quality and support company quality management system. Create CMM programs. Carry out FAIR/Delta FAIR including associated paperwork. Produce comprehensive TP reports.
Perks and Benefits
- A company culture that promotes work life balance
- Access to mental health support
- Business performance related bonus
- Career development opportunities
- Commitment to continued learning and development
- Perkbox - includes monthly treats and discounts from selected restaurants, cinemas, shops etc
- Long Service Awards
- Enhanced Holiday Entitlement based on length of service
- Free parking
- Inspection of process and first off production pieces. Liaison with Production team on results to ensure quality of product and timely completion of process to minimise machine down time
- Final inspection of product for release to treatments or Customer, ensuring product meets all customer specified standards
- Ensure effective quality control for all aspects of the manufacturing process
- Work with Production and Engineering teams on new product introduction providing complete and detailed tape prove reports to support long term quality of product
- Interface with customers on quality requirements
- Support the calibration of metrology equipment and control of this equipment throughout the business
- Support company quality awareness, improvement strategy and training plan (working in conjunction with all sections of business)
- Create first article inspection reports for Customer
- Use and programme CMM machines to support the product inspection function.
- Work with the minimum amount of supervision while maintaining expected levels of productivity
- Work in a safe manner in compliance with company Health & Safety policy. Report and log Health & Safety incidents that occur
- Actively support and contribute to continuous improvement program and lean manufacturing.
- Continually review working practices to remove and reduce waste and non-value added activities
- Positively support teamwork and circulation of experience within the workforce
- Maintain good housekeeping in the work areas. Actively support department 6S initiatives
- To attend internal Quality meetings when requested
- To liaise and assist with internal non-conformance investigations. To complete NCR forms fully and accurately
- The job ideally requires the job holder to have a minimum of 5 GCSE’s including GCSE English and Mathematics. The job requires previous experience in CMM operation and ideally requires experience in CMM programming.
- The job requires the job holder to have gained experienced in all aspects of inspection methods within the manufacturing sector and will probably require a minimum of 2 years on the job training. It is desirable for the job holder to have experience in the aerospace industry.
- The job requires the job holder to be able to carry out investigations in a methodical manner and the ability to pay attention to detail.
- The job requires good problem solving, communication and reporting skills. The job requires the job holder to have good analytical skills.
- The job requires IT Skills to include Microsoft Office applications including Excel and Outlook.
- A working knowledge of quality related EFACS modules would be desirable. The job requires the jobholder to be able to read and interpret engineering drawings
Other Skills/Abilities/ Personal Attributes:
- The job requires a high level of numeracy and involves a degree of decision making and judgement in investigating non-conformances and analysing internal process and procedures meet the required customer criteria.
- The job requires the use of calibrated measuring equipment requiring some degree of hand to eye co-ordination.
- The job involves the interpretation of data using spread sheets, the checking and filing of information and requires a high level of literacy.
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan, we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!