Magellan Aerospace, New York (Bohemia) has an exciting opportunity for a CMM Programmer. This is a full-time, day shift position. The successful incumbent will write and prove out CMM programs while also interfacing with internal and external customers.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Attractive benefits package (fully Company paid)
- Generous Company pension plan (401k)
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth
- Employee Social & Charity Association
- Employee Assistance Program
- On-site gym
- Full cafeteria with healthy daily specials
- Free parking
- Write CMM programs, Prove out CMM programs
- Set up and operate CMM
- Report Findings
- Interface with internal and external customers
- Develop placards and instructions for CMM
- Perform First Article Inspection
- Minimum 2 years of experience in CMM programming, Aerospace machined parts a plus.
- Aerospace experience preferred
- Ability to use computers. Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Ability to read engineering drawing & specifications.
- Understanding of GD&T ANSI14.5, and strong math required.
- Ability to use basic measuring equipment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with other people.
- Knowledge of first piece inspection is a must
- Knowledge of PcDMIS, SolidWorks/Catia and 3D a plus
Magellan Aerospace is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for our employees. Magellan’s policy states that the use of face masks is mandatory, this is consistent with applicable legislation and guidance from occupational health and safety regulators. All employees and visitors who enter our premises are screened for COVID-19 symptoms and are required to practice social distancing at all times. We have ensured that hand-sanitize stations are easily accessible and enhanced cleaning schedules have been implemented on a daily basis. Magellan supports public health guidelines and encourages employees to get vaccinated. Although mandates are not a requirement at Magellan, this may be subject to change and offers of employment may be contingent on vaccination status with respect to changes in legislation.
Magellan Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.