Magellan Aerospace, Llay Wrexham has an exciting opportunity for a CMM Programming Engineer
- Full Time Permanent Contract
- 39 hours per week.
- Job location: Llay, Wrexham, LL12 0PB.
- Unionised site – works in partnership with Unite the Union.
To support all Magellan sites in the creation and planning of CMM inspection programs and Quality Documentation. Provide support and training to site inspection teams and shop floor with the use of inspection tools and programs. Ability to analysis CMM data and create reports when requested. The utilisation of PCDMIS programming allowing Magellan to reduce manual input as decisions are made by the CMM due to variables and arguments that have been input by the programmer when they create the inspection file. Support the N.C. programming department to determine any scaling factors required because of abnormal growth, shrinkage or movement in parts.
Perks and Benefits
- A company culture that promotes work life balance
- Access to mental health support
- Business performance related bonus
- Career development opportunities
- Commitment to continued learning and development
- Perkbox - includes monthly treats and discounts from selected restaurants, cinemas, shops etc
- Long Service Awards
- Enhanced Holiday Entitlement based on length of service
- Free parking
- High Level PCDMIS programming to create and use dynamic databases when evaluating measured data
- Creation of core files and how to manipulate MODUS to create save and use files in multiple locations.
- Creation and or updates of CMM inspection programs and supporting documentation
- The ability to analyse calibration results so can they be used to determine if a CMM’s performance is declining.
- Provide support to site inspection teams and shop floor with the use of inspection tools and programs.
- Generate analysis of CMM data through creating a Report which satisfies the parts GD&T
- To guide and advise the inspection with any issues or concerns with results
- The responsibility of the Serial Production CMM reporting and data lies within the Inspection Department, with technical support form the CMM Programming Engineer.
- Help and Advise your Engineering Colleagues with Datum Structure
- Assist Engineering colleagues with the development of new parts through data evaluation.
- Ability to design tooling that can integrate in to the CMM for the support of measurement
- Production of reports and data for the use in FAI, for presentation to our customers
- First article proving of all programs in a production environment
- Training of operational personnel in the use of new programs and techniques
- Liaise with external customers to develop best practices in line with product requirements.
- Desirable - HNC/equivalent or Higher
- Min 5 years of production or Inspection experience.
- CAD experience desirable skills in Catia V4.
- Essential CAD Experience in Catia V5.
- Experience in a CMM programming Software of a min of 2 years.
- Knowledge of GD&T/SPC techniques
- Must be computer literate and have a working knowledge of CMM metrology.
- Knowledge of Advanced MODUS software.
- Ability to generate charts and information in MODUS
- Ability to operate CMM machines.
- Basic tool design knowledge, practices and principles.
- Ability to interrogate aircraft geometry in Catia based upon multi-customer requirements.
- Ability to work with legacy data sets.
- Creation and manipulation of datum structures.
- Must show high level skills in geometric part appreciation and manual measurement methods / inspection techniques and of aerospace prismatic components
- Good practical co-ordination skills. (Company Test)
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work using own initiative
- Confident with technical decisions
- Can interact and work with multi-disciplined team
- Confident in explaining and presenting any issues or errors to multi functional departments
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan, we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!