Magellan Aerospace, Bournemouth has an exciting opportunity for CMM Programmer
- Permanent full time contract.
- 38 hours per week.
- Job location: Bournemouth, Dorset, BH11 8QN.
- Unionised site – works in partnership with Unite the Union
To support Magellan sites in the creation and planning of CMM inspection programs. Provide support to site inspection teams and shop floor with the use of inspection tools and programs. Generate analysis of cmm data and create reports when requested.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- On site bonus scheme
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth and generous learning budget
- Mobile phone/gym membership/AA home emergency response discounts
- Employee advantages scheme
- Health care vouchers
- Long Service Awards
- Occupational Health and ergonomics focussed
- Extended Holiday Entitlement based on length of service
- Free parking
- Creation and or updates of cmm inspection programs
- Provide support to site inspection teams and shop floor with the use of inspection tools and programs.
- Generate analysis of cmm data and create reports when requested
- Min 2 years of production or Inspection experience
- Cad experience desired / skills in Catia V4 / V5.
- Knowledge of GD&T/SPC techniques
- Must be computer literate and have a working knowledge of CMM metrology
- Must show high level skills in geometric part appreciation and manual measurement methods / inspection techniques and of aerospace prismatic components
Other Skills/ Abilities/ Personal Attributes:
- Good practical co-ordination skills. (Company Test)
- Good understanding of spoken and written English. (Company Test)
- Ability to work using own initiative
- Confident with technical decisions
- Can interact and work with multi-disciplined team.
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!