Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value.
Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual and invest in our employees.
When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace, New York (Corona, Queens) has an exciting opportunity for a CMM Programmer. This is a full-time, day shift position. The successful incumbent will write and prove out CMM programs while also interfacing with internal and external customers. The salary range is $25/hr to $35/hr, depending on experience.
- Write CMM programs, Prove out CMM programs
- Set up and operate CMM
- Report Findings
- Interface with internal and external customers
- Develop placards and instructions for CMM
- Perform First Article Inspection
- Minimum 2 years of experience in CMM programming, Aerospace machined parts a plus.
- Aerospace experience preferred
- Ability to use computers. Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Ability to read engineering drawing & specifications.
- Understanding of GD&T ANSI14.5, and strong math required.
- Ability to use basic measuring equipment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with other people.
- Knowledge of first piece inspection is a must
- Knowledge of PcDMIS, SolidWorks/Catia and 3D a plus
- Competitive salary
- Attractive benefits package
- Generous Company pension plan (401k)
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free parking
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Magellan Aerospace is committed to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities for all. We welcome all applications without regard to social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or religious belief, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law)