Our client, an established Tier-1 automotive supplier, is seeking a CMM Operator to join their team. This is a permanent, full-time position located in Brampton. Reporting to the Quality Manager, you will primarily be responsible for the inspection of automotive parts and assemblies using CMM and manual tools/techniques. Key responsibilities include:
- Evaluate machined parts and assemblies to determine acceptability and compliance with specifications, drawings, and related criteria.
- Initiate rejection process as required, completing required documentation for traceability and movement of assemblies/products.
- Modify programs for CMM equipment.
- 5+ years of related quality assurance/inspection experience within a manufacturing environment.
- 2+ years of CMM operation experience (Mitutoyo or Zeiss is preferred).
- Strong understanding of CMM measurement concepts
- Ability to read/interpret technical drawings and specifications.
- Strong understanding and experience with GD&T as well as measurement systems analysis (i.e., gauge R&R).
- Experience with ISO 9000.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment with good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Familiar with MS Office (Word, Excel).
- CMM programming experience is an asset.
- Automotive industry experience and knowledge of IATF 16949 is an asset.