Magellan Aerospace, Bournemouth has an exciting opportunity for CMM Inspectors
- Permanent full time contract.
- 38 hours per week.
- Job location: Bournemouth, Dorset, BH11 8QN.
- Unionised site – works in partnership with Unite the Union
Experience in all aspects of inspection methods within the Aerospace Sector
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- On site bonus scheme
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth and generous learning budget
- Mobile phone/gym membership/AA home emergency response discounts
- Employee Social & Charity Association
- Employee advantages scheme
- Health care vouchers
- Long Service Awards
- Occupational Health and ergonomics focussed
- Extended Holiday Entitlement based on length of service
- Free parking
- To carry out first off and final Inspection of detailed parts and assembles in a timely efficient manner, using mechanical/CMM and or electronic measuring equipment
- Actioning and completing first article inspection reports as per customer requirements
- Completing and raising of concessions and non-conformance reports for discrepant parts
- Final release of parts to customer including raising and signing certificates of conformity
- 2 years in similar position
Other Skills/ Abilities/ Personal Attributes:
- Conversant with the requirements of BS EN ISO 900:2000 and AS EN 9100
- CMM experience
- Good written and spoken English
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!