This position description is subject to change at any time as needed to meet the requirements of the program or company.
Provides efficient, effective and timely Civil expertise to design and program management of Keesler AFB facility projects as part of Civil Engineering Services Branch’s staff. Interfaces with customer, engineering, and contracting management personnel as required resolving Keesler AFB engineering services customer support issues. Accomplishes other administrative tasks as required to ensure effective contractor civil engineering services customer support to Keesler AFB.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES
- · Work in conjunction with other Engineering personnel to analyze and calculate technical requirements, e.g., geotechnical, hydraulic, architectural, structural, mechanical and electrical, utilized in producing the technical portions of the Project contract documents, i.e., drawings, specifications, and estimate.
- · Responsible for the performance of all project design and needed follow-up work to include Safety and Quality Control.
- · Respond in a timely, professional manner to technical requirements, and to consistently provide high quality, cost effective engineering services and solutions that meet government expectations on quality, schedule, and budget.
- · Responsible for the overall execution of all design projects and subsequent support work. To include: sanitary sewers, storm sewers, gas infrastructure, potable water infrastructure, and pavements including airfield pavements.
- · Performs construction management of Keesler AFB construction projects.
- · Services include general technical support of base operations, support of technical requirements through engineering design, and complete design implementation of minor construction projects.
- · Act as the Base subject matter expert when directing design projects contracted out to NavFac, USACE, or local design teams.
- · Performs other duties and assignments as required.
MATERIAL & EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:
- · Standard office equipment (computer, AutoCad, Microsoft Office software products, printer, copier, and telephone).
- · May require use of field equipment for testing construction work.
- · May require driving to various locations on Keesler AFB to review construction or investigate for design.
- · Working in open office environment as well as the occasional site visit.
- · During site visits, there is exposure to physical and working conditions where serious accidents or injuries may occur, exposure to disagreeable noise elements, and prolonged high temperatures.
- · May require additional effort to handle multiple projects in a shortened timeframe to meet customer requirements.
- · Work week is 40 hours, 5 days a week, Monday through Friday, 7AM to 4PM.
- · May be required to do field verification by walking across grounds and in and around underground utilities.
- · Must be able to lift/push/pull 50 lbs.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Education/Certifications:
- · Must have a degree as a Civil Engineer from an accredited U.S. University. Must be a licensed Professional Engineer (PE) experienced in horizontal and underground systems. MS license required within 6 months of hire.
- · Minimum five (5) years of experience.
- · Proficient in CADD, Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat
This position requires minimal supervision.