Reporting to the Head of Finance - Americas for a global leader in plant-based ingredients and proteins. The company uses the best natural ingredients for Food, Nutrition and Health. Offers a positive and attractive work and career environment, in which everyone can develop, learn, and help drive the overall company performance, and be recognized for doing so. Provides the opportunity to work with industry leaders who are paving the way to a bright future. Teams are driven to deliver better Nutrition and Health.
The CFO - Canada is responsible for undertaking all aspects of statutory accounting and some financial management. This includes statutory accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, external audit, accounts receivable, accounts payable, taxation, budget, and forecasts preparation, as well as development of internal control policies and procedures. Also includes financial risk management. Staff of 2 direct reports and a total team of 6. Expected to provide thoughtful leadership as a finance business partner to assist executive level decision making through analytical insight into core business decisions. Manages the finance function, including review of journal entries, establishing, and maintaining accounting principles, practices, and procedures. Leads and reviews the preparation and publishing of the timely monthly and year-end financial statements. Accountable for the tax functions, including tax planning, tax compliance, accounting for income taxes, the management of the indirect taxes, and provides oversight for the implementation of the global transfer price policy. Enforces group standards, internal controls and complies with external statutory, tax and governance requirements. Background Required:
Background Preferred (but not required):
- Progressive experiences in accounting and finance in a manufacturing company (10 years) including 2-4 years Public accounting firm
- Trained, managed, and developed finance personnel to promote organizational, cultural, performance & CI
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures, including strong background in IFRS.
- Created complete financial statements with footnotes.
- Managed general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process.
- Managed external audit activities and external auditor requirements.
- Oversaw ERP systems and greenfield implementation
- Broad range of tax areas, including compliance, tax accounting, and local, sales tax & transfer pricing
- International business environment with cross border transactions.
- Anticipate unknown and new situations and start-up problems and proactively perform analysis and solve problems.
- Computer literate: Microsoft Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint, & Outlook
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Business Management
- Residence: Manitoba (Relocation assistance provided)
Other Essential Abilities and Skills:
- SAP (FI&CO), BW, Blackline, Winshuttle, Concur
- Bi-Lingual: English & French
- Certified Public Accountant :CPA
- Advanced degree: Accounting
- Demonstrated strategic and ‘hands-on’ approach and success in working in a team-based environment.
- Results oriented.
- Excellent communication with ability to work and communicate across functional and with overseas counterparts.
- Demonstrated leadership to build & lead a team within ambiguity and uncertainty.
- Thrived in a dynamic, fast-paced work environment with competing priorities.
- Managed a team in a matrix organization.
- Highly organized & prioritized multiple responsibilities to meet deadlines.
If you are interested in this opportunity but you’re not ready to apply, please email the Practice Leader provided below with your questions.Contact:
Partner: Roz Kennon
CPG, Transportation, Logistics, & Supply ChainRkennon@GlobalESG.com
330.664.9400, ext.107Click here to apply online