Reporting to the current CEO of a growing, Employee-Owned transportation and logistics company that serves the largest nursery and food distributors in the nation.
The strategic emphasis is on developing and executing an aggressive, multi-location growth plan while maintaining strong financial performance, driving new business development, supporting organic revenue growth, and developing Key Account Management.
Tactically, the CEO will develop a Regional and National Sales Strategy, working directly with the Branch Leadership to enhance growth capabilities and opportunities. Lead the customer-focused selling of transportation solutions in a team environment.
Management will include a team and various levels of business oversight, including Business Development, Account Management, Operations, and Administrative personnel.
Short and Long-term goals include: organizational optimization, customer and carrier-facing sales group structure, compensation modeling, account revenue growth, and increasing account growth. Oversight of the P & L, establishing metrics, formulating, and administering company policies, business plan development, and operational execution will be paramount for the company’s continued success.
Institutionalizing best practices, internally and externally, will result in a world-class team, expanded account base, increased revenues, and profitability, while maintaining culture. Background Required:
Background Preferred (but not required):
- Progressive Executive Leadership roles within freight brokerage (5+)
- Strong background in customer value creation
- Excellent track record of building high-performance teams, institutionalizing processes, and creating redundancies to eliminate key man risk.
- P & L experience (Gross Margin, Revenue, OE, ROI, Daily Dashboard)
- Business planning (budget, forecasting)
- Proven ability in strategy development, program implementation, team building, mentoring, and planning
- Demonstrated ability to close and managing large account business and organic growth of existing accounts
- Direct the pricing proposal and contract negotiation approval process. (RFI, RFQ, RFP)
- Review quarterly plan (revenue targets, margin integrity, “value stream” analysis)
- Strategic Marketing Knowledgeable (branding, content, message, medium, 4’P’s)
- Knowledgeable within Supply Chain Technological Systems (i.e. TMS) and ability to increase utilization to drive efficiencies
- CRM (i.e., Salesforce. Business Analytics Software)
- Computer literate (Office Suite, PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
- Education: 4-year Bachelor-s degree (i.e., Business, logistics or related discipline)
- Mode of Transportation (i.e. FTL, LTL, IMC, OTR)
- Travel: Up to 25%
- Residence: Bend, OR (relocation)
Other Essential Abilities and Skills:
- Graduate degree: (i.e. Master’s, MBA)
- Demonstrated Leadership and ability to get work done without a large support staff
- Strong communicator (Verbal & Written)
- Executive-level presentation and engagement skills
- Possess a proactive approach with strong customer service orientation
- Ability to lead high-energy, Millennial culture
- Team builder (i.e., Sales, Operations, Finance, Legal & IT, Administrative)
If you are interested in this opportunity but you’re not ready to apply, please email the Practice Leader provided below with your questions.Contact:
Senior Practice Leader: Katelyn Reed
330.664.9400, ext.123Click here to apply online