The CAD designer is responsible to translate customer data and design tooling/fixture concepts for quoting or production manufacturing purposes.
- Set up jobs on the vertical mill as well as creating cutter paths required for cutting, and operating the mill.
- Must have ability to develop CAD models and detail drawings.
- Type of tool designs include: Tube gages, visual tolerance check fixtures, laser, router, & waterjet cutting fixtures, & surface models.
- Work with Project Management to assure tooling designs are accurate for the project requirements and released on a timely basis.
- Program, setup, and troubleshoot CNC programs.
- Must be able to read and understand GD&T
- Minimum 2 years check fixture design experience
- Minimum 2 years SolidWorks experience
- Experience with Solid Works Surface Modeling.