Staff Attorney – International Nonprofit – Washington, DC
This international nonprofit is the central governing organization for a global movement that combines amateur sports and human rights. This organization coordinates and oversees over 220 accredited programs, each with its own governing body and professional staff. This organization works tirelessly to bring the joy of sports to an underrepresented community.
The Staff Attorney will be a crucial component of the biennial accreditation process for our client’s international programs. This position will assist in ensuring program compliance with, and maintenance of, the organization’s General Rules. This is a full-time contract position.
Compensation up to $110,000 based on experience
- Draft, review, and negotiate a wide range of contracts
- Work as in-house counsel supporting the organization’s legal work and operations
- Assist the Chief Legal Officer in the interpretation and application of the General Rules, contracts, and other legal issues
- Manage and support legal department functions
- International travel
- Law Degree and membership in the District of Columbia Bar (or ability to gain admission) is required
- 5+ years of recent practical legal experience
- Experience in legal analysis and negotiation required
- International and nonprofit experience preferred
If you are interested in this position, please apply directly to this post.