Staff Attorney – Women’s Health Organization – Washington, DC
This organization is dedicated to advancing women’s health care, its membership includes over 58,000 women’s health care professionals. This organization communicates evidence-based, peer-reviewed information regarding women’s health care to members and the general public. This organization provides clinical guidance, patient education materials, medical education resources, and other resources to its members.
The Staff Attorney is responsible for providing legal advice and representation to the organization. This position will provide analysis regarding legal aspects of the organization’s programs and operations. This position will work with every department in the organization to ensure overall compliance and reduce risks of liability for the organization. This is a full-time contract position.
- Negotiate, draft, and/or review contracts with a wide range of complexity
- Provide legal resources to staff, Fellows, and the general public
- Provide legal guidance to HR staff
- Review drafts of publications, communications, and other resources as requested
- Law Degree and active license to practice in Washington, DC is required
- 8+ years of experience practicing law
- Experience with nonprofit organizations, privacy law, employment law, and grants preferred
- Experience with a wide range of legal issues
If you are interested in this position, please apply directly to this post.