Job Code: EB-1626411309
Tekberry is looking for a highly qualified and motivated Buyer/Planner in Burnsville to work on-site with our client, a leading government defense contractor in Burnsville, MN.
This is a contract-to-hire position that will see the ideal candidate working alongside industry-leading talent in a world-class environment.
- Utilizes ERP to ensure material availability in support of the production schedule
- Develop ERP system utilization for improved efficiency and accuracy
- Initiates, obtains approval and places initial purchase orders.
- Expedites/Defers to ensure product availability per the inventory plan
- Sets and maintains purchasing and planning ERP order parameters.
- Manages relationships with assigned suppliers to optimize processes, supporting quality & delivery improvement, organizing key supplier meetings, supplier performance. Evaluates past performance record regarding price, capacity, quality, and delivery of known sources against purchasing requirements.
- Manages supplier surveys and qualification.
- Prepares requests for proposals, solicit quotations, evaluate bids, negotiate price, and negotiates terms with suppliers in support of company objectives. Selects suppliers based on total cost of ownership including quality and delivery performance.
- Assists in supplier management including risk management, commodity strategy, inventory management, problem resolution, claims management, charge-back management. Manage supplier changes.
- Executes strategies and tactics to achieve best total cost
- Pricing, Logistics, Inventory (product lifecycle management, revisions, E&O cost)
- Represents logistics department in manufacturing, engineering, accounting, and management regarding programs, procedures, and projects
- Performs other tactical duties as required to optimize material flow such as processing engineering changes, maintaining data integrity in the ERP system, etc.
- Plans and executes storage requirements
- Lead logistics activities – Supplier selection and execution
- Manages inventory control processes
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, or related field of study.
- Minimum of 5 years of related business or manufacturing experience of which at least 3 years is Purchasing, Planning and/or Inventory Control experience.
- Proficiency in use of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Proficient knowledge of ERP systems in a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of Inventory Planning, and Purchasing practices and supplier management.
- Understanding of Logistics processes
- Strong understanding of ERP systems in a manufacturing environment
- Ability identify improvement opportunities and implement
- Experience with trade compliance laws regulations and operations
- Ability to plan, organize, and manage multiple projects
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Able to interact with all functional areas and all organizational levels
- Able to represent the company to suppliers at all levels of management
- Able to manage internal and external supplier relationships
- Familiarity with engineering drawings
- Keen understanding of a manufacturing environment
- Collaboration, strategic planning and change management skills in a cross functional business team environment
The work must be done on-site, so telecommuting will not be possible. Please submit your resume with salary requirements. Principals only; no third parties or off-shore companies. No phone calls please.
As a W2 employee you will have access to health and 401k benefits.
Tekberry Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other protected categories under all applicable laws.