Job Type: Contract
Job Code: EB-1206818090
Tekberry is looking for a highly qualified and motivated Buyer to work on-site with our client, a top-tier aerospace company in Cypress, CA.
This is a contract-to-hire position that will see the ideal candidate working alongside industry leading talent in a world-class environment.
- Makes daily purchases within allotted program/division based on requisitions and analyze the quality, specifications and delivery requirements.
- Sends out quotations for bid on non-contracted items (three quotes minimum are required) and negotiates best price.
- Enters purchase orders into MRP system (Royal IV) and issues to supplier via fax or e-mail.
- Reviews purchase orders on a weekly basis via Royal IV reporting system and follows up on past due items plus requirements due in coming weeks.
- Highlights any problem areas and reports to Purchasing Manager.
- Interacts with Planning and Production to ensure any changes in production requirements are flowed down to suppliers.
- Generates effective communication, good relationships, and a positive image with suppliers and co-workers promoting courtesy, objectivity and fairness.
- Liaise with planners to control scheduling of parts to ensure stock levels meet demands while staying within stock level buffers.
- Review non conformance reports (NCRs) written against suppliers and to relays information to them.
- Updates suppliers with engineering changes and drawings.
- Reviews supplier performance.
- Locate new suppliers (if necessary).
- Work on assigned projects as requested.
- AA is preferred or equivalent education.
- A minimum of 1 – 5 years of previous experience with supply chain management is preferred or equivalent purchasing experience.
- Familiar with Windows Operating System®, Office XP®, and with MRP systems and the ability to type a minimum of 50 words per minute.
- Good phone etiquette, organized and the ability to read engineering prints.
- Intermediate level.
The work must be done on-site, so telecommuting will not be possible. Please submit your resume with salary requirements. Principals only; no third parties or off-shore companies. No phone calls please.
As a W2 employee you will have access to health and 401k benefits.
Tekberry Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other protected categories under all applicable laws.