PURPOSE: The Buyer will report to the Divisional Purchasing Coordinator, and facilitate all aspects of supply management activities between Maintenance, Engineering, and Operations departments and their suppliers. The position will also create and maintain mutually beneficial long-term partnerships with suppliers to foster feedback and continuous improvement at this integrated paper making operation in the Southern US. Excellent company and management team with solid career development potential.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop a working knowledge of mill operations, and support the Purchasing & Store’s team.
- Work closely with the area production and maintenance Planners to procure goods and services required for effective mill operation
- Maintain and foster the integrity of best procurement practices.
- Engaged in the MRO procurement of both goods and services.
- Responsible for tracking cost savings and recognizing opportunities to strengthen company’s position in the marketplace.
- B.S. in Business, Engineering, Materials Management or equivalent.
- Experience gained during internships, or while in college will be considered.
- Full complement of procurement skills – including the ability to work as teams in a union environment
- Important for the Buyer bring knowledge of procurement principles, theories and process.
- Incorporating continuous improvement processes and best practices in all aspects of the procurement process
Pulp & Paper