The Buyer is responsible, as part of the Purchasing team for the purchasing function and Supplier relations utilizing professional communication skills.
Perks and Benefits
• Competitive salary
• Attractive benefits package (fully Company paid)
• Generous Company pension plan
• Positive work-life balance
• Excellent career progression opportunities
• Commitment to professional growth
• Company social events including company BBQs, children’s events, winter holiday party and many other events put together by our social committee!
• Employee Social & Charity Association
• Employee Assistance Program (where applicable)
• Employee discounts on tickets to certain sporting events and other entertainment/events
• Regular employee hot lunches
• Free parking
• Create purchase orders in MRP system and update when required for, but not limited to; Raw material, Hardware, and Outside Processing
• Manage MRP planning parameters
• Transmit and confirm purchase orders to suppliers.
• Maintain professional and courteous relationship with suppliers to ensure our Purchasing objectives are met, in keeping with Magellan standards of conduct
• Revise purchase orders as necessary, based on exception messages report from MRP.
• Develop with Production Planning and Operations multiple replenishment systems on consumable products, including VMI, Kanban, etc. and manage these effectively
• Manage inventory levels on all purchased components.
• Pursue with vendors, strategies to reduce lead times and increase efficiency of supply.
• Support all internal requests for procurement activities, attending various meetings or conference calls and providing status feedback.
• Support and assist Materials management team in day to day activities
• Work closely with Production Planning, and Contracts management to ensure each program/project is adequately supported by providing purchasing expertise.
• Respond effectively and timely to all inquiries from internal departments on Purchasing related issues including RFQ’s and speciality requests
• Ensure all product is ordered according to the technical requirements set out in the purchase requisition, to meet Magellan and Customer standards.
• Ensure all purchases are accredited with required certification and or specification documentation, requesting that such documentation accompanies the product
• Participate in supplier audits and capability analysis.
• Track and monitor, in communication with Shipping and Logistics, that incoming products are on time, advising necessary internal contacts of any discrepancies to schedule
• Other duties as assigned.
• Check invoices for accuracy and resolve differences
• Post secondary education in Purchasing
• Interest in pursuing accreditation
• 2 years purchasing experience preferred
• Good knowledge of MRP/ERP systems, intermediate knowledge of MS Office software, maintaining a continuous improvement attitude
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!