· Performs various duties related to purchasing;
· Procure goods and services.
· Keeping order files and order register, up-to-date.
· Checking materials received against purchase orders.
· Checking overdue items on schedules, and contacting vendors regarding delayed deliveries.
· May type purchase orders and perform various clerical assignments required by purchasing agent.
· Help with the maintenance of the part master; setting min/med/max quantities and approved vendors.
· Coordinates, develops, and maintains the Production and Prototype build schedule daily to meet customer demand.
· Manage inventory levels and allocate necessary materials and components for Production and Prototype builds.
· Analyze MRP data to ensure the correct quantity and due date of raw material meets timing to fulfill customer demand.
· Work with Engineering, Sales, and Purchasing to manage priorities in the build schedule.
· Manage Finish Goods to safeguard future customer demand
· Provide detailed reports on build timing, bottlenecks, and/or delays
· Provide daily updates to Sales and/or Engineering on build status
· Establish and maintain procedures for surface mount components to be purchased on appropriate media (i.e. reels/tubes/trays).
· Identify single source items to avoid part shortages.
· Expedite/Move Out orders as needed.
· Prepare product documentation for alternate manufacturing locations.
· Develop relations with vendors.
· Find additional approved vendors to eliminate single source purchases and improve competitive pricing/purchasing.
· Learn all areas of the purchasing cycle and item logistics.
· Support line operations and collaborate with department managers, engineers or staff.
· All special projects assigned by the purchasing agent and/or president.