please email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Purchase a wide variety of materials, supplies, services and equipment for various departments. Assure on time delivery of quality products and services at the lowest possible price.
Essential duties and responsibilities which must be performed in order to carry out the position purpose summarized above:
- Conducts research on departmental needs, identify sources, evaluate vendors, and negotiate pricing and delivery of products and services.
- Reviews and develops specifications. Compares quotes with specifications and availability of items.
- Solicits and analyzes quotations. Prepares and analyzes competitive formal bids and requests for proposal.
- Interprets and evaluates contract provisions.
- Negotiates blanket orders for goods and services: reviews on a quarterly basis.
- Prepares and maintains accurate records and documentation on all purchases, quotations, correspondence, and related follow up.
- Reviews orders for completeness, accuracy, and compliance with existing policies and procedures.
- Resolves accounting and pricing conflicts; monitors invoicing for accuracy.
- Assists commodity managers with corporate purchasing activities.
- Identifies opportunities for continuous improvement including lower costs, decreased turnaround times, streamlined processes and quality service.