Job Title: Buyer
This position will be responsible for quotations and negotiations of reliable products, creating purchase orders, tracking responsible products, alerting fellow team members and management when orders have been fulfilled as promised, and dispositioning all open issues until the vendor invoices have been paid. Managing internal and external questions and providing data as needed to support the business is critical. Experience in the Manufacturing Industry and a strong understanding of Supply Chain Management concepts are essential.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Quotations: Provide timely and accurate quotes to support Aftermarket sales, customer purchase orders, and all equipment and rebuild needs.
Tracking: Monitor and track all purchase orders to ensure that all deliveries satisfy assigned purchase orders; report any back-ordered or missing products; expedite procedures
Inventory: Maintain proper inventory levels of materials used on a regular basis. Work closely with responsible suppliers to improve lead times/manage inventory.
Customer Service: Work closely with all shareholders to ensure all needs are met. Communicates issues timely and effectively; resolves issues with a sense of urgency. Ability to locate, evaluate, and secure new suppliers while maintaining expected pricing levels.
Communication: Ability to communicate professionally with vendors, carriers, and internal departments
Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
• Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Business or a related field
• Work-Related Experience: 5 years experience in purchasing/supply chain management, Logistics experience with custom machine parts is a plus.
Certification and licenses:
1. CSCP and CMP certification, or other related, a plus
Skills, knowledge, abilities (e.g. software proficiency, interpersonal and communication skills, language):
1. Ability to balance multiple assignments while meeting deadlines to support the business.
2. Ability to work independently and as a team player.
3. Outstanding communication (internal and external), organizational, and problem-solving skills.
4. Computer Proficiency: All Office 365 elements, ERP
5. Business Travel: Some travel may be required