Job Code: EB-2001697576
Tekberry is looking for a highly qualified and motivated Buyer to work on-site with our client, a leading government defense contractor in Anaheim, CA.
This is a contract position that will see the ideal candidate working alongside industry-leading talent in a world-class environment.
- Select sources, obtain quotes, negotiate, and procure materials and services awarding based upon company policy.
- Prepare required paperwork for Purchase Order package, shippers, RFPs/RFQs, supplier and interdepartmental correspondence, etc.
- Verify accuracy of all documentation including but not limited to supplier proposals, purchase orders, file documentation, invoices and receipts.
- Interface with both current and potential suppliers in order to (1) determine best price and delivery for current requirements, and (2) remain abreast of economic and business situations relating to procurement activity.
- Maintain total ownership of supplier’s deliveries. Actions taken could include obtaining prints, samples, delivery dates, corrective action, and resolution to discrepant materials. Will likely involve negotiating with supplier when supplier caused rework occurs.
- Process rejected materials back to supplier within a timely manner of receipt of dispositioned MDR.
- Position is responsible for reporting accurate and up to date information both in MTO and in production team meetings as assigned. Due to working in a lean production environment, the buyer shall strive to meet a performance metric of 100% current data in both MTO and in shortage reporting in accordance with company procedures.
- Interface with Engineering/Planning on Drawing discrepancies, B.O.M., and EO’s. Work with Program Managers on problems which effect meeting contract requirements.
- Make periodic visits to manufacturers and suppliers to assure procurement standards are being maintained.
- Desk audits on a weekly basis.
- High School graduation required. Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university preferred; 1-2+ years related experience and/or training (buyer I); or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The work must be done on-site, so telecommuting will not be possible. Please submit your resume with salary requirements. Principals only; no third parties or off-shore companies. No phone calls please.
Tekberry Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other protected categories under all applicable laws.
As a W2 employee you will have access to health benefits.