Magellan Aerospace has an exciting career opportunity for a full-time permanent Buyer at our plant in Winnipeg, MB.
The Buyer position will be responsible for negotiating purchasing contracts to ensure that the Company obtains the best combination of quality, costs, and schedule.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Attractive (FLEX) benefits package (fully Company paid)
- Generous Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth
- Company social events including Company BBQ, children's events, service awards day, winter holiday party and many other events put together by our social committee!
- Employee Social & Welfare Association
- On-site gym
- Employee discounts on tickets to certain sporting events and other entertainment/events
- Flexible work hours
- Full cafeteria with healthy daily specials
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Essential Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Solicit quotations for impending requirements based upon RFQ’s received or forecasted production
- Negotiate with suppliers to achieve best value and competitive pricing
- Manage purchase orders to support production requirements
- Participate in program status meetings to monitor the performance of the purchase plan in terms of schedule
- Supplier management of on-time delivery
- Work with suppliers to resolve any document discrepancies for product in receiving
- Work with suppliers to resolve any non-conformance issues and have the supplier achieve and maintain an acceptable quality performance score
- Work with suppliers to provide continuous cost saving opportunities and quality improvements
- Review long term production forecasts and identify supply opportunities
- Function as a leader within the purchasing department to negotiate procurement agreements
- Train, mentor and lead buyers in cost saving activities
- Analyze current purchase costs and internal production costs to establish areas of opportunity to reduce cost; participate in quotation review meetings and identify make/buy situations.
Position Requirements / Qualifications
- Post-secondary technical or business diploma (CPP, CPIM, CIM certification or equivalent) with a minimum of 2 years relevant experience; or 5 years relevant work experience.
- Experience in the use of Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel and Access.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Thank you for considering this exciting opportunity. This document is intended to provide the reader with information and is not a contractual document. Some of the material therefore may be subject to change.