Magellan Aerospace, Haverhill has an exciting new opportunity for a Buyer. The successful incumbent will purchase goods and service for the company in an efficient and economical manner following established policies and procedures in processing purchase orders. The Buyer will also make certain that purchasing documents are completed properly and the terms and conditions of purchase are appropriate.
Perks and Benefits
Magellan Aerospace, Haverhill offers excellent career opportunities, competitive salary, health and pension benefits packages. Starting salary will be based on experience and qualifications.
- Follow policies and procedures for the purchase of goods and services established by the company.
- Work with outside processing suppliers on daily deliveries.
- Make certain that purchasing documents are completed properly and the terms and conditions of purchase are appropriate.
- Ensure that all suppliers maintain up to date certifications.
- Approve requisitions, select sources, expedite deliveries and maintain contact with vendors.
- Create purchase orders for all outside vendors per documented work instructions.
- Work closely with Quality to ensure that quality statements are update to date and accurate.
- Produce required reports in a timely manner.
- Associates degree and 2 years of purchasing experience or High School Diploma with five years of purchasing experience.
- Strong negotiating skills.
- Good computer and Microsoft office skills
- Ability to work independently.
- Attention to detail a must.
Magellan Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.