Purchase supplies, standard parts or tools, mill supplies, production materials or capital equipment.
Perks & Benefits
• Competitive salary
• Attractive benefits package (fully Company paid)
• Generous Company pension plan
• Positive work-life balance
• Excellent career progression opportunities
• Commitment to professional growth
• Company social events including company BBQs, children’s events, service awards day, winter holiday party and many other events put together by our social committee!
• Employee Social & Charity Association
• Employee Assistance Program
• On-site gym
• Employee discounts on tickets to certain sporting events and other entertainment/events
• Full cafeteria with healthy daily specials
• Free parking
• Maintain a liaison & support for information requirements(s) between Supplier & Magellan Mississauga departments
• As directed or from approved vendor listings, determine possible vendors, initiating tenders based on commodity requirements
• Examine tenders making recommendations based on the best unit price, quality a and delivery performance
• Where immediate delivery means increased cost, review with originator to justify unit cost against possible delay to schedule
• Where applicable, review with originator the opportunity to purchase the requirement at reduced cost with variations in specifications or trade names.
• Initiate Purchase Order for approval
• Maintain all expedite/de-expedite requests with Suppliers as directed to support Magellan internal requirements
• Communicate any/all potential supplier issues, impacting the price, quality or delivery of required purchase(s)
• Maintenance of records and files, ensuring that all documentation relative to Purchasing is in accordance with regulations
• Provide required information as directed in support of Purchasing activities
• 3-5 years work experience as a Buyer, preferably aerospace manufacturing sector
• Community College
• PMAC or working towards certification
• Computer skills
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Thank you for considering this exciting opportunity. This document is intended to provide the reader with information and is not a contractual document. Some of the material therefore may be subject to change.