City: Santa Rosa
Job Type: Contract
Job Code: EB-8475704625
Tekberry is looking for a highly qualified and motivated Buyer to work on-site with our client, a top-tier aerospace company in Santa Rosa, CA.
This is a contract-to-hire position that will see the ideal candidate working alongside industry leading talent in a world-class environment.
- Use and improve the existing non-inventory purchasing process to satisfy the Company’s requirements for indirect material, liaising closely with Purchasing, Facilities and Operations.
- Ensure Purchasing requisition workflow is used by all departments until order is placed to the approved supplier. Deploy Group procedures related to the indirect material procurement processes.
- Contribute to defining and implementing an efficient “PR to PO” process (Purchase Requisition to Purchase Order process) in collaboration with the Company's Indirect Purchasing team. Develop and implement a KanBan and or VMI indirect materials program in conjunction with MRO requirements.
- Contribute to consolidation synergies and cost savings actions implementation led at the Group level for indirect material.
- Implement global contracts locally for indirect material.
- Effectively manage contract with suppliers by ensuring that contractual obligations are met.
- Negotiate new agreements for local needs when they are not covered by global contracts. Negotiate terms based upon quality, price, lot size and delivery defined internally. Insure requirements in term of Cost, Quality, Delivery, service and Engineering are understood by the suppliers.
- Maintain a continuous supply of materials to avoid any disruptions in manufacturing and/or customer service, performing all work with a sense of urgency and timeliness.
- Conduct supplier business reviews with suppliers of non-inventory commodities.
- Ensure that the suppliers are fully aware of the company’s requirements
- Ensure adherence to the company Supply Chain management policies, procedures, and Purchasing best practices.
- AA is preferred or equivalent education with Supply Chain certification.
- A minimum of 3 years of previous experience with supply chain management is preferred or equivalent purchasing experience.
- Familiar with Windows Operating System®, Office XP®, and with MRP systems and the ability to type a minimum of 50 words per minute.
- Good phone etiquette, organized and the ability to read engineering prints.
- Strong math skills.
The work must be done on-site, so telecommuting will not be possible. Please submit your resume with salary requirements. Principals only; no third parties or off-shore companies. No phone calls please.
As a W2 employee you will have access to health and 401k benefits.
Tekberry Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other protected categories under all applicable laws.