A great opportunity for a Retail Buyer with a minimum of 3 years Buying experience. Our client is a well-known, high growth specialty Retailer with a winning culture and excellent leadership. Open to local, commutable candidates (Miami HQ), no relocation provided.
Position: Buyer Beverages/Gourmet/Snacks
Client Company: Based in Miami, FL, our client is a dynamic and innovative airport retail concessionaire, combining first-class service, a broad and unique variety of products, and trend-setting store designs to deliver airport travelers a truly unmatched shopping experience. They have over 500 employees and are growing rapidly.
The Buyer reports to the Merchandise Director for the proper selection, quality, display, quantity, allocation, pricing, mark-up, and profit margins of all merchandise within the assigned department(s).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Obtain a thorough knowledge and understanding of all items and categories within the assigned department.
- Obtain a thorough knowledge and identification of sources of supply, preparing same for official recordation.
- Continually review present supply sources, preparing comparison reports for review and analysis.
- Prepare all required purchasing and purchase-record maintenance forms legibly and in the prescribed manner.
- Negotiate best terms and conditions in placing all purchase orders.
- Continually strive to improve our vendor’s terms and conditions for sale.
- Routinely inspect each store’s display of merchandise and assist store management towards merchandising and sales improvement.
- Recommend new lines and categories for Merchandise Director’s approval.
- Identify “slow movers” quickly and take remedial action promptly whenever necessary.
- Routinely review movement analysis and delete slow moves from active list.
- Continually maintain active SKU list within authorized quantity limits.
- Request temporary use of order document files and return same promptly and intact.