Business Unit Manager
The Business Unit Manager directs all production activities within the unit of a large 1,500-person operation. They will lead the day-to-day activities and ensure that production schedules, products, and deliveries meet the customers quality standards at minimum costs.
Business Unit Manager Job Responsibilities:
- Directs and supervises up to 6 Production Supervisors as well as operators to ensure correct, accurate and timely completion of production and delivery schedules.
- Responsible for the objectives necessary to meet production, quality and plant safety standards.
- Constantly monitors processes to assure the objectives are met and timetables are kept.
- Works with support personnel to assure that materials, quality, accounting, and personnel needs will be met to avoid interruption of production.
- Responsible for meeting established goals.
- Evaluates production requirements and determines production schedules.
- Responsible for identification, implementation and verification of continuous improvement opportunities.
- Follows work-in-process to assure work is proceeding satisfactorily.
- Improves the abilities, skills and knowledge of production personnel through appropriate instruction and training.
- Assures strict compliance with all quality control standards by maintaining a current and complete acquaintance with quality.
- Other duties as assigned by the Plant Manager
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree (BS or BA) is required.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks effectively.
- Manufacturing experience with 5+ years of supervisory experience
- Effectively and professionally communicate.
- Solid understanding of JIT
- Strong interpersonal skills and decision-making ability.
- Ability to motivate a team environment, help drive results, and delegate authority to subordinate personnel
Endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.