Business Unit Manager - Paper Mill
PURPOSE: The Paper Mill Business Unit Manager will lead the Paper Manufacturing Department at this integrated paper operation in the Southeast to produce the highest quality products in a safe, environmentally committed, cost efficient manner. The successful candidate will manage organizational business development and enhance the overall performance of the department and the mill.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead the department safety efforts by creating a safe work environment in which employees can perform their job tasks at minimum risks.
- Maintain the efforts in the Environmental arena to meet all compliance requirements and strive for consistent and improved performance on all operating parameters.
- Manage the operational efforts of the production groups to support the department and mill operational goals to provide quality products with minimum variability in specifications and supply.
- Manage cost of manufacturing by improving equipment reliability through resource group commitment, structuring capital spending to manage preservation and return projects.
- Managing overtime costs, developing committed supply partners and cost structures, and improving the process in the mill for optimum performance.
- Continuously build, strengthen and improve leadership, education, empowerment and dedication of the employees and of the organization
- Knowledge of production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture of product.
- Primary budgeting responsibility for a key area of the Mill.
- B.S. Chemical Engineering, Pulp & Paper, and Mechanical Engineering or related technical discipline
- 7-10+ years Operational management in the Pulp & Paper Industry
- Strong troubleshooting skills with the ability to assess risk and determine the path forward to minimize business impact.
- Leadership: a demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others by developing working relationships with all levels of the organization.
- Strong business management principles and excellent leadership skills, including supervisory responsibilities.
- Ability to manage / balance competing multiple priorities and achieve positive results in the areas of safety, quality, productivity, cost and employee relations.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to convey a compelling vision and sense of core purpose.
- Strong team player with the ability to develop and participate in all team environments, including Mill Operations Lead Team member, to achieve goals, set strategy and achieve efficient problem resolution.
- Basic knowledge of SAP, PI, or other business operating systems is required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access.
Pulp & Paper