endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
endevis is conducting a search for a Business Unit (BU) Controller in the New York metropolitan area. This position will be responsible for the organization, direction, and controls of all aspects of the plant and/or divisional accounting and financial functions which includes timely and accurate reporting, and full compliance with US GAAP and company policies. In addition, the BU Controller will lead analysis of financial information to support effective business decisions and develop and interpret financial information along with BU by providing training on systems and financial processes ensuring that a high standard of controllership is maintained across all plants.
- Multi Plant experience is highly desirable
- Supervise, review and interpret month/quarter/year-end financial reports as well as month-end close processes to support the plant and corporate
- Support the annual budget, month and quarterly forecasts, and financial comparisons and explanations of actual results versus the financial estimates
- Prepare and analyze material usage, cost statements, profit and loss statements, manufacturing statistics, labor analysis, and sales analysis
- Balance sheet analysis for key accounts, including inventory and preparation or approval for account reconciliations
- Analyze and interpret operating and financial results to identify trends and activities driving those results and make recommendations on potential changes, both operation and financial in nature, to improve performance
- Provide a business partnering service to the BU by improving financial processes and support the implementation of best practice across all the sites
- Provide the necessary financial reporting to the Business Unit and Group as and when required
- Anchor person for the reporting work of the plant and plays a key role in identifying performance issues in support of the management process
- Support in integrating new company acquisitions into the BU
- Systems expert for HFM, SAP, PRMS (ERP) ensuring month end rollover is completed and accurate and all necessary central adjustments are made in each of the financial systems
- Actively participate and/or lead WCOM Teams. Validate cost take out and factory model data
- Ensure compliance with internal controls, accounting policies, and SOX
- Oversight of financial processes to ensure conformance with US GAAP and company policies
- Ability to influence plant leadership and drive performance
- Lead SAP Implementations
- Education – Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required, MBA preferred
- Experience – 10+ years of experience; 5+ years of managerial experience; 1-3 years of experience in SAP preferred
- CPA or similar certifications preferred
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.