Seeking an exceptional local Business Systems Manager in our Dallas headquarters who has the perfect blend of systems experiences and business acumen. This individual will work as a business systems partner to introduce and align best business practices by leading change and continuous improvement for financial systems and reporting tools. This role will be responsible for overseeing the maintenance, administration, and governance of the clients financial systems and reporting tools. Responsibilities will include the design and implementation of the financial and reporting systems including the integration of these systems with necessary operations systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for identifying and developing business process automation in ERP and Billing applications.
- Provide daily support to business process owners regarding system functionality and bugs
- Build reports using SQL, Tableau or work with databases to provide reporting and analytics to business users.
- Research and provide recommendations on systems and capabilities to meet business data requirements and evaluate new techniques for improved functionality
- System Administration supporting all configurations, application upgrades and maintenance activities by testing, documenting and implementing any changes
- Lead activities in support of analysis, design, configuration, testing, conversion, deployment and post-production support of all financial systems including the general ledger, billing, accounts payable, fixed assets and accounts receivable
- Develops, writes, and communicates business requirements and functional specifications for the implementation of business solutions.
- Configure applications and interprets functionality for business users
- Assist in the writing of user documentation, instructions, test scripts and procedures
- Produce system process documentation and facilitate training for business users and IT contacts
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Management Information Systems with an emphasis in Business
- 5 + years of experience with one or more solutions such as Zuora, NetSuite, Oracle, SAP or other mid-market general ledger and billing systems
- 5+ years of industry experience with a deep understanding of functional areas of the business including Accounts Payable, Treasury, Accounts Receivable, General Ledger, and/or Financial Planning & Analysis
- Proven experience as a subject matter expert or team lead managing and/or implementing one or more ERP System
- Analytical Tools & Processes: Confluence, Jira, Use Cases, Workflows, Data Modeling, User Stories, Test Matrices, Requirements Management, GAP Analysis, etc.
- Development Tools & platforms (one or more): SQL, MySQL, SOAP, XML, REST, JSON or Golang.
- Proven problem-solving skills as reflected in designing a business process solution for one or more of the following areas: accounting, finance or billing
- Strong analytical approach to, and experience with, business process design/redesign with emphasis on cross-functional inter-dependencies and the effects for the downstream business users
- Understanding of database concepts such as schemas, tables, and views
- Ability to identify and help mitigate risks and issues in cooperation with business system owners
- Ethical, intelligent and articulate individual who can relate to people at all levels of an organization and possesses excellent communication skills
- Proven ability to balance multiple projects while keeping all parties involved up to date and maintaining clear, detailed documentation
- Proven success in working with cross functional teams in rapidly changing and scaling environments
- Gets things done, results oriented