Our client is looking to hire a Business Systems Analyst with .NET experience for their growing team in New Market.
The Business Systems Analyst reviews, analyzes, and evaluates user needs to create systems solutions that support overall business strategies. Documents system requirements defines scope and objectives and creates system specifications that drive system development and implementation.
More specifically, assists in the development of new software systems, (design, development scope, mapping business process to systems, implementation, validation testing, and change management), serves as a liaison between IT and users and manages the Software Development Life cycle, (SDLC).
- Determines operational objectives by studying business functions; gathering information; evaluating output requirements and formats.
- Designs new computer programs by analyzing requirements; constructing workflow charts and diagrams; studying system capabilities; writing specifications.
- Improves systems by studying current practices, designing modifications.
- Recommends controls by identifying problems, writing improved procedures.
- Analyzes data contained in databases and identify data integrity issues with existing/proposed systems and implement solutions.
- Maintains system protocols by writing and updating procedures.
- Provides references for users by writing and maintaining user documentation; providing help desk support; training users
- Prepares technical reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Ensures appropriate standards and procedures are adhered to during the development process to support a quality deliverable.
- Develops, documents and executes testing schedules for complete systems validation
- Works closely with colleagues, developers, testers and a variety of end users to ensure technical compatibility and user satisfaction.
- Oversees implementation of a new systems including data migration.
- Ensures that budgets are adhered to and deadlines are met.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 7 years of technology experience with at least 5 years in a systems/business analyst type role.
- Strong understanding of software development lifecycle (SDLC).
- Extensive knowledge of data processing, data mining, hardware platforms, and Microsoft .NET, Visual Basic, Excel, Word, Outlook, HTML, Office Suite, Visio and other cloud-based applications.
- Strong background in database design, structure, and composing SQL queries.
- Solid project management skills within an information systems environment
- Experience in the development and implementation of standards, procedures and guidelines to support operational processes.
- Process Modeling/Improvement
- Requirements Gathering
- Data Analytics
- Scope Management
- System Documentation
- Systems Analysis
- Software Design
- Software Development Process
- Software Documentation
- Software Maintenance
- Teamwork & Written Communication
STACK IT Recruitment Inc., based in Mississauga, places candidates throughout the Greater Toronto Area. We pride ourselves in being the number one recruitment company in information technology. Don’t take our word for it – our track record of placing highly qualified candidates speaks for itself!