Our client is looking for a Senior Analyst to compliment it’s growing Finance team! This role will be a team player who provides business and financial advice to the Company’s leadership team through various budgeting and analysis functions. You will be responsible for preparing budgets, forecasts, and financial reports/analysis and serve as a liaison to assist leadership with all their financial needs.
Reporting to the CEO, you will also provide regular support to other Finance-related functions such as the month end close process. The Senior Analyst will assist in analyzing strategic endeavors, new business opportunities, customer pricing & profitability, multi-year forecasting, new product ROI and other projects as needed!
Who: Growing Software Company in Alpharetta
What: Senior Analyst / Strategy Analyst / Business Analyst - Reports Directly to the CEO
When: Immediate Need
Where: Alpharetta, GA
Why: Newly Created Position
Salary: Base Salary Range $120k - $150k
What You’ll Do:
- You will Report Directly to the CEO
- You will be researching and analyzing different markets and opportunities for the company
- You will Run Hypothetical Models - Assist in the automation of repetitive data aggregation and manipulation tasks to enable greater focus on value-add analysis
- Act as liaison and provide financial advice and support to the leadership team;
- Prepare the annual plan, monthly forecast/variance analysts and weekly analysis;
- Synthesize large amounts of data into executive-level presentation materials;
- Report on actual vs. targeted financials, provide variance analysis and prepare trend analysis (comparing our results with marketing companies and competitors);
- Support other Accounting & Finance function initiatives and core functions including but not limited to:
- Analysis of accounting reports during the month end close process;
- Play a role in ongoing improvement of Company’s financial, planning and business intelligence systems
- Promote strong cross-functional communications and enhanced efficiencies impacting company-wide process improvement efforts;
- Ad hoc financial analysis projects and report preparation as needed;
Nitty Gritty (What You’ll Need):
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting or Finance; MBA preferred
- 3-5 years’ corporate financial analysis experience in the software or technology industry
- 2+ years’ experience in private equity or venture capital
- Proficiency with MS Office suite including high-level Excel experience
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to compile and understand large amounts of data and use that data to create well-polished presentation materials
- Be a “Data” and “Research” Guru with strong presentation skills with the ability to work closely with leadership
- This role may require you to work long hours, some of those hours may be outside of normal business hours. You must have the grit to push through and grind out the work that needs to be done in order to meet tight deadlines.
- Working knowledge of US GAAP accounting
- Experience with variety of software systems a plus (i.e. Host Analytics / SaaS Optics)
- M&A experience is also a plus!