Position: Business Process Design (Level 3) - JP4606
Duration: 6 months
Location: Downtown Toronto
- Continuous Improvement
- Lead large scale process optimization initiatives supporting the Retirement Operations division by distilling current and future service lines, KPIs, while supporting both day-to-day and transformation needs ensuring client requirements are appropriately accounted for.
- Proven ability to present compelling, fact-based analysis that enables efficient and sound decision-making at the senior management level.
- Working collaboratively with the Project Sponsor and the cross-functional project team translate business problems into statistical problems into statistical solutions, and finally into business implementation plans
- Support process owners by providing the tools to maintain process investment, support the integration of processes into appropriately interconnected extended value streams including the support of 3rd party supplier management efforts to drive down cost of operations.
- Be a change agent - embed Lean Six Sigma process improvement discipline in all process improvements completed by the Continuous Improvement team
- Ability to leverage analytical tools to diagnose, recommend and resolve significant process issues with an ability to influence senior stakeholders to drive change across the functional area
- Advanced team facilitation tools with the ability to drive for solutions leveraging the Kaizen approach
- Creative problem solver to ensure appropriate data collection techniques are used to drive assessment and recommendations. Leadership
- Build strong employee involvement, engagement and collaboration within and across teams by providing a wide range of process technical expertise to build self-sufficiency in project team members in the continuous improvement space
- Be part of a team that builds a centre of excellence and a shared service within Investment Division for process improvement Relationship Management
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with middle and back office business partners to be aware of strategies & tactics that can benefit from a process re-engineering mindset
Required qualifications and experience:
- Bachelors degree required in business, accounting, finance, mathematics, statistics, engineering or related field.
- 5-7 years of previous management experience required in continuous improvement techniques like lean process improvement or six sigma.
- Experience running an Operations or Finance team or having worked in Investment Management is an asset.
- Black Belt certification
- Demonstrated success in the coaching, development and overall leadership of a committed, well-aligned team that delivers results
- A proactive self-starter with a record of accomplishment as a successful quality leader; including developing and executing well-structured and organized development strategies and solutions to enable growth and sustain excellence in process improvement
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to organize and negotiate with multi-disciplinary teams in order to meet business needs
- A strong ability to adapt to an ever changing environment and the ability to work through internal ambiguity and changing priorities
- Ability to build positive and productive relationships with diverse groups of people; a drive for results combined with an appreciation for organizational structures and processes; thrives in a collaborative and challenging team environment
- Highly developed planning, organizing and negotiating skills; can manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- A proven innovative thinker and problem solver; brings a big-picture perspective the ability to see how all the pieces fit together and contribute to the achievement of broader organizational objectives; strong business acumen and judgment