Position: Sr. Business Process Analyst - JP5543
Duration: 1 year contract
Location: Remote for now and later Downtown Toronto
As a Process Improvement Consultant within Wealth and Asset Management business, you will work with subject matter experts to document current state processes, perform analysis, make recommendations, design and implement a future state model for project and operational based work. The Process Improvement Consultant will work to iteratively develop an integrated view of our Affinity Market business unit using a repeatable approach, cohesive framework, and available industry standard techniques allowing to define, design test and implement a future state model in the context of an Agile culture. You will establish relationships with key business partners, working in tandem to define and implement solutions that drive our competitive advantage.
- Accountable for leading Process improvement projects utilizing methodologies and principles from Lean and/or Six Sigma (LSS). The objective of each project will be to transform processes in an effort to improve overall customer experience in addition to increasing process efficiency and/or effectiveness. In some instances, there will be pressure to deliver measurable results in a very short period of time.
- Drive measurable end-to-end process improvement that improves STP, SLA adherence, Capacity, and Customer Experience.
- Serve as an agent of change, representing the GWAM Biz Ops, Continuous Improvement team to key project stakeholders within GWAM. Actively engage GWAM process owners ensuring open lines of communication and all barriers to change are removed.
- Manage a portfolio of projects through the problem definition, process analysis, solutioning and implementation stages.
- Coach and mentor stakeholders through the foundational principles of 'problem solving'.
- Support the AVP, Continuous Improvement building a robust project pipeline through proper due diligence and fact finding as part of the robust CI intake process
- Work closely with Customer experience teams, Analytics teams and Risk Management to gather data needed for fact-based improvement recommendations as well as defining end state process metrics that will objectively demonstrate benefits have been obtained.
- A passion for learning with an openness for new ideas and a natural curiosity on how things work
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Practical application of LSS (“walking the talk” vs. theoretical knowledge) with the ability to coach others not familiar with LSS
- Strong work ethic with the ability to get things done in tight timelines
- Ability to challenge the status quo
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to influence and persuade without formal authority
- Strong project management skills
- Strong analytical skills with a high aptitude for quantitative analysis (Strong numerical comprehension and proficiency in analyzing and interpreting data.)
- Good working knowledge of the tools, methodologies and philosophies of Lean and/or Six Sigma
- 8+ years of experience with business process improvement in complex environments, ideally within the Financial Services sector
- Successful completion of 5+ (DMAIC) process improvement projects which have delivered significant tangible benefits in measurable benefits
- Demonstrated quantitative analysis capabilities, utilizing statistical techniques. Experience utilizing Minitab would be an asset.
- Experience conducting a wide array of complex quantitative and qualitative analysis.
- Experience being part of a team chartered to 'think big' and 'out of the box'
- University degree in business or technical discipline. Graduate degree and/or professional designation (CA, CMA, CGA, P. Eng.) an asset.
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt certification high desired